The weather wasn't quite what we would expect for this time of year, but that wasn't about deter us. Clad in our trusty waterproofs, we headed down to the woods. Subhaan, who came to Forest School in the autumn term noticed how much more shady the woodland was now the trees had all their leaves.
On reaching one of our favourite spots in the woodland, we gathered round to play a few warm up games. We began with a game we hadn't played before that would work particularly well with a larger group. The game was called Head Honcho.
How to play
- Stand in a circle
- Choose one person to be the detective who leaves the circle and closes their eyes and covers their ears.
- Choose one person from the circle to be Head Honcho. When the detective returns to the centre of the circle, the Head Honcho performs an action (such as clapping his hands) and the rest of the circle has to copy.
- Each time the Head Honcho changes action, the rest of the circle have to copy.
- The detective has three guesses to work out who the Head Honcho is.
- If the Head Honcho is correctly picked out, they become the detective.
Jul 12th (2) from Fagley Primary Forest School on Vimeo.